Friday, December 6, 2013

Chewy "Homemade" Cinnamon Rolls


Friends, here is my newest favorite breakfast treat, and I discovered it just in time for my favorite holiday, Christmas!


This is an easier version of the homemade classic, using frozen bread dough, but these cinnamon rolls are to die for!!!  I could've eaten the whole pan myself for sure, ha!  The hot, squishy cinnamon and brown sugar filled rolls come out of the oven they're smothered with a buttery glaze.  We were hand feeding the warm rolls to our kids like little birdies... It was a beautiful, delicious mess!


These cinnamon rolls would be perfect for a birthday or Christmas breakfast!  They're such a special treat.  On a frosty day like today they would be the perfect gooey treat with a cold glass of milk.


 "Homemade" Cinnamon Rolls
Adapted from Everyday Occasions

1 loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed (such as Rhodes)
4 Tbsp. Butter, room temperature
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Cinnamon

Butter Glaze:
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Milk
Splash of Vanilla Extract or Vanilla bean paste
Powdered sugar

On a well floured surface, roll out dough in a rectangular shape.  This takes a little patience and muscle.


Mix together the sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.


Rub the butter all over the rolled our dough... YUM!


Spread out the cinnamon sugar mixture all over. Oh. My. Goodness!



Starting on one side of the long end, start  rolling up the dough going back and forth like a typewriter until it's all rolled tight.


At this point I cut the long roll in half.  Then I cut evenly (as possible) about 1 inch wide rolls.


Place cut side up in cake pans or you can arrange like a Christmas tree, like I did!  It's fun for the kids!!


Cover with a damp towel and leave in a warm place for about 2 hours or until risen and the size you would like.  Remember they will get puffier as they bake.



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake them in the oven for 15-18 minutes.

While they bake, mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth.  Set aside.  Pour the buttery glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls.


Try to remember how amazing they look because they will disappear fast! :)
Makes 16-18 cinnamon rolls.


Try them out and let me know what you think.  Btw, thank you all for your precious comments and emails you've sent me.  I LOVE reading them and appreciate every one!!



4 comments:

  1. Cinnamons rolls are my weakness! So delicious! Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous! Merry Christmas! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love cinnamon rolls around here! I will have to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering reading this post and looking at the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tree! I think I'll put a bow on the top of mine this year.

    AND your rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!